CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sulpher is Not to be Confused with Chocolate

This past weekend, we had some visitors and it was so nice to see family. On Friday, Jared's brother Gary and his wife Allie (the newlyweds) came to stay for a couple days. We had lots of fun with them quading and fishing.




We also drove out to the Sulpher Springs. It's a very interesting, natural hot spring, that bubbles up out of the ground, and then forms a stream that winds it's way into the river. The only problem is: they stink. Bad. When you are driving there, the smell of sulpher gets worse and worse until you step out of the vehicle and your nostrils are attacked by the smell of rotten eggs. You get used to it after awhile of being there... somewhat. Carter kept saying, "Ew, rotten eggs!" and Hayley would repeat after him, "Yea, chocolate eggs!". It was funny.


Apparently people swim in there (there's even a diving board), but it looks disgusting. Seriously, would you want to swim in that? I'd rather just drive 10 minutes down the road and hit up the Elkford town swimming pool.




Then, on Sunday evening, we got to have my cousin and her family come and stay with us for a night on their way back from a reunion. The little kids all had so much fun playing together, whilst enduring Erin and I snapping endless pictures.

I absolutely love this picture, even though Halle's face is blurry. They were having so much fun all piling into the little car and driving around on the deck.


Nice hair Hayley...

Livvy's trying to stifle a laugh... too funny.

It was so much fun to see everyone. I seriously love having company. Sooo... who's next??

3 comments:

Leah Silver said...

ME! Probably won't happen but wishful thinking can help (I am talking about a visit). Love your picture of you fishing with Hayley on your hip. Looks like tons of fun there.

ec said...

so glad we could come. thanks for everything. i wish we could have stayed longer.

and darren is so totally wishing he could live there. someday? maybe?

JWalburger said...

Wish we still lived close enough to be your next visitors. I know what you mean about sulfer springs. There is a natural sulpher spring just off the highway in Frank. Somedays, you can really smell it driving by. Rob and I were going to go take the short walk to look at them a couple times. . . but never made it there. Oh well. . . maybe when we go back for a visit we can fit it all in.