CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Let the Games Begin

That's right folks. It's that time of year. The event you've all been waiting for. It's...

The Bottle Weaning Olympics

Spectators have gathered from near and far to witness this momentous event!

Finalists have been training over 22 months for the chance to compete in this prestigious sporting event.

Olympic events include:

The Fridge Pulling Competition - This event combines the raw will and strength of the competitor as she attempts to find the jug of milk (and make her own dang bottle, if no one else will!).

The Falling Asleep Anywhere Competition - Due to numerous late nights screaming practicing, the competitor lets herself fall asleep at many different venues, with the speed of an Olympic athlete of this caliber.

The Eating Real Food Event - This event proves very difficult for most competitors, as they are previously accustomed to relying on bottles to fill their little tummies.

The Distraction Event - This event was introduced by the Olympic facilitator as a way to distract competitors from thinking about bottles during the course of this competition. Distraction techniques include going to the park, making crafts, getting the mail, and singing "The Wheels on the Bus" repeatedly to the crying competitor.

The Vocal Strength Event - Competitors show their disapproval by breaking down into multiple crying fits. Vocal strength is judged by Olympic facilitators, and the competitor is then sent to her room.

These events all required great skill and determination. Competitors trained endlessly for the chance to become an Olympic Champion. And even though there were times of discouragement and despair...



...In the end, one little girl reigned triumphant!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie, you are too funny! I hope the Olympics haven't left the facilitator too drained to host and/or facilitate the next Olympic event - Potty Training!! Maybe you could wait two years from now for the Winter Olympics.

Leah Silver said...

I agree this post was way too fun to read. The video made me sad. Good thing I wasn't there I would have wanted to give her a bottle. What a cutie. YAH!! for big girl Hayley!

Kirsti said...

I am not sure who should get the gold medal - Champion Haley or the Champion spectators that had to live through Olympic games ;)

Miss you guys

JWalburger said...

Love this post!! Makes me feel like I am pushing Sam too hard to use only a glass now. Oh well. I have had to relent and use the sippy cup except at meal times. . . I got tired of cleaning up messes and thirst crys during Church. In time, right. Way to brave the fight, and way to go Hayley!!

Tim and Ashlee said...

I just saw this post today. I must have missed it when we were on holidays. SO FUNNY! I'm glad she made it through though.