This weekend, we went camping with the Jarmans at Chinook Lake in Crowsnest Pass.
The lake and mountains are so pretty and there was so much stuff to do. I would completely recommend this campsite to everyone. Walking trails around the lake, a beach for swimming, a tour of the trout hatchery, and miles of quad trails.



The kids all had so much fun together - Carter and Hayley were so excited to play with Isabelle. Bobbi and I even commented on how glad we are that we started doing this when they were young, because now they are completely in their element when we go camping. They entertain themselves for hours while camping, we barely even hear a peep from them.
Here's a funny picture of Hayley, in all her camping glory. We definitely don't worry about fashion out in the bush. Layers of ugly hand-me-downs, and a dirty face from too many Cheezies. Love it.


We wanted to take a picture of Isabelle and Hayley's rats nests. Their hair is so similar and they both get the worst bedhead ever. (Notice Hayley doing what she does best; bossing people around).
It was a really fun couple of days and we can't wait to do it again soon!
Chinook Lake
Posted by The Whiddens at Sunday, July 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
You know, the first time we took Cameron camping was when he was 2 months old. Adam was 3 months old his first time. But my sister in law holds the record. She brought her two week old daughter. I can't beat that.
I'm glad my kids like to camp, too.
First-your mountain pictures are amazing. Second-the kids are sooo blond. Third-I love camping hair and clothes. I am glad I am not the only one who brings the 'funky' clothes camping. Byron was constantly telling me how dorky our kids looked while we were camping. And Hayley being 'bossy' is so flippin cute.
I agree that picture of Hayley bossing people around is awesome!!!
haha, they have the best bedhead ever! Such cute little girls!
I love camping there too! When we go to Thunder in the Valley, we always camp there. The allison Crek paths are great. You can use them for cross country skiing in the winter too. I can even get you a trail map if you want one. Just let me know and I will email it to you since it is on my computer.
That picture of Hayley with the cheesie face made me laugh out loud! I love it! Glad you guys had a great time!
I'm so glad you went there and posted pictures. We're going there next Monday to do some camping/quadding. It's so beautiful there. Now I'm super excited for Monday!! Can you quad right from the campsite to do you have to haul them a bit?
Post a Comment