CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Embarrassing Myself. One Post at a Time.

The other day, I thought of a funny story involving me, Jared, and his brother Jonathan. It shows me in a bad light, but I promise you I'm usually alot smarter than this.

We were all driving to Vanderhoof (circa 2003) to visit Jared's family. Jared and Jonny were in the front seat and I was laying down, napping, in the back. I woke up (a tad disoriented) and saw we were passing another car. Then, to my horror, I saw an oncoming car getting closer and closer to us. It didn't appear that Jared noticed this, so I started screaming "Jared, watch out!", fearing a head-on collision. Jared slammed on the brakes, and him and Jonny turned around to look at me - shocked - having NO IDEA what I was screaming about. It was then that I realized Jared was driving in a passing lane, and we really weren't in any danger at all. I was so embarrassed for freaking out like a psycho (I fully blame my disorientation after waking up - my family all knows how out-of-it I usually am after I wake up). Jared was so ticked at me for making him slam on the brakes and lose his momentum. For the rest of the trip, anytime there was an oncoming car passing us, Jonny would start screaming "Jared, stop the car!" in a high-pitched girly voice, just to make fun of me. Not my finest moment :)

K, the reason I posted this is because my sister-in-law wanted her blog readers to post a funny memory they have of her. I did, so now it's my turn to beg ask for comments you have about me/Jared/our family. Post a comment about a fun memory you have, whether you know me/he/us a little or a lot - anything you remember! Then repost the instructions on your blog so I can leave one about you!

8 comments:

bigwoody31 said...

no julie im with ya i actually did think those cars were gonna hit us and i as really really scared

The Whiddens said...

Haha, you are such a liar Jonny. But thanks for writing it anyways, especially because I can always come back and read your comment WITHOUT the sarcastic tone.
And since when do you visit my blog? In the words of Apu, "Thank you,Come again".

Alana said...

Memories of you, Julie, involve you really getting into snipe hunts at girls camp. With the kind of gusto that makes them fun.

Andrea Whidden said...

So this memory has only been told to me, but I think it is so crazy.
When Ben was in his accident with his leg, we unfortunatly missed our trip we had planned, everyone went and played in Lake Mead and Vegas. Jared Whidden had been playing poker for hours and went outside for a break about 3:00 am, and had about 6 or 700 $ dollars in his pocket. He then was surrounded by a group a big guys, he thought he was going to be robbed but they were trying to pimp out their girlfriend and
to get Jared to take her away....
Jared might have to blog this story again and re-tell us what those guys were up to....

JWalburger said...

I do have to say that we had great visits when you and Candice came over. I also remember that RS functions were more enjoyable with you around.

Anonymous said...

seriously julie, that happens every time i get int he car with Dayna, and i am fully awake every time!!

Tim and Ashlee said...

I have a sweet memory of Jared (back in his "Jimmy Vanderhoof" days). Actually I even have picture proof. It involved "Jimmy Vanderhoof", a boat, and my pink tanktop. Why he put it on I'm just not quite sure!

sarah said...

Okay, I don't know if I should say this, but I guess it's funny? But I don't know if you remember when I first asked you your name. I might have told you this, but the only reason I asked you for your name was because Mackenzie thought you were cute! I guess he would play ping pong with you at the Institute? This was way before he and I started dating, I wasn't even sure I liked him then. And nothing ever happened between you two, so that's great!