Ok, people. I did it. I pulled off my first big enrichment activity without a hitch.
Yesterday we had our "Thrilling Thursday", as we called it since it was held on a Thursday instead of a Saturday. There was lots of stuff going on and I was really pleased with how it all turned out.
As far as crafts, the options were:
Children's fishing game


Living Christ Picture

Clay Pot Nativity

Necktie Onesie
Lots of people also brought some projects from home to work on as well.We had 4 classes:
1. Finding Peace in the Scriptures
2. Learning How to Knit
3. Baking: Dipping Chocolates (yummy!)
4. Thrifty Christmas Tips
We had a Creche Exhibit set up, which I am so disappointed that I didn't get a picture of it. We had people bring in their Nativity sets earlier and set them all up in a room on tables, with white tablecloths. It looked really pretty and I loved seeing all the different nativities that people have. One common theme, so many beautiful ways of displaying it - ok, I know that sounded cheesy, but it's true! In the Nativity room, we also had hot apple cider to enjoy.
Supper was three different kinds of soups (hamburger, potato, and italian wedding) with buns. Dessert was freshly dipped chocolates, black forest cake, and carmel/almond cake.
Everyone kept really busy...




But I think it was still a fairly relaxing day...
Maybe a little too relaxing!
8 comments:
Julie,
These look awesome, I wish we would do something like that but singles don't really get into the enrichment thing as much.
Nice job
It was fun while I was there Julie - thanks for all your hard work on it!
Looks like you did a GREAT job! Way to go!!!! I've been wanting to do that bakeware etching. Looks so great.
Looks like it turned out great, Julie. Your pics make me miss the girls in Sparwood Ward all the more. Hello to all!
What a great job! I can't believe with everything else you had to think of, that you remembered to bring your camera!!
Looks liek things went great! I am looking forward to our local Creche Display in December. There will be almsot 300 Nativity sets displayed at the stake Center here in Medicine Hat.
Great Job Julie, proud of you! and it's like cheering for myself at the same time, haha.
How do you do the bakeware etching? That's so cool!
Post a Comment