Everybody knows we love weekends here at the Whidden house. Jared's home, no other commitments, and we try hard to make it just family time. This weekend we, spur of the moment, went and toured Frank Slide. It was super windy (southern alberta!), so we didn't walk the trails as much as I would have liked, but it was still really fun. Hayley was "Super Grump", though. She is so sweet until she gets tired, poor little thing. They had alot of activities for kids to do, and we had alot of fun.



Carter is such a sensitive little guy - he kept saying, "Mom, I feel sad for those people that died when the mountain fell down." We kept trying to put a happy spin on it ("Yes it is sad, but now they are up in Heaven!") or change the subject. *If any of you have heard the story of mine and Carter's "Joseph Smith" conversation, you know why it's essential to put a positive spin on the topic of death for this sensitive little guy.*
I also had to take some pictures of our mountains. I know scenery pictures are boring when nobody's in them, but one of my favorite things is clear blue skies, with snow-peaked mountains. And the past few days have been just that. How did I get so lucky, being able to see this everyday?

Frank Slide
Posted by The Whiddens at Monday, November 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How was the interpretive Center? They were still doing renos on it when we left. I have to say that I am happy to see that even in The Pass, there is no snow on the gound...makes me miss it less as I am so EXCITED for snow to come. The mountains are definetly beautiful...I do miss seeing those and the clear sky. You are definetly blessed.
You guys live in an awesome place! So I've been bolgstalking you for awhile, but now the secret's out! Life is Boise is good. We don't seem to do as many fun things as you guys do, but we're enjoying ourselves. Harrison is growing like crazy and I'm enjoying being home to watch him grow. Have fun in Edmonton this weekend.
I haven't been to Frank Slide since they reno'd it. And I'm soooooo jealous of your beautiful mountains. Stupid flat land that I live on!
Post a Comment