This week I have been a painting machine. First, I painted Hayley's room which was a huge task. This idea is something fun I've been wanting to do for quite awhile, and I finally just bit the bullet and did it. I now refer to this project as "The Tape Massacre" or "Where Tape Goes to Die":
Before:

And the finished product:


Her bed just looks so little in that huge room. We got her a bigger one (a really cute white one with drawers underneath - for free! from a friend), but we just don't have a single mattress yet. Oh, and I'm putting up brown curtains on the windows. And I want to get her a bedspread that actually matches, but plain colors so it doesn't make the room look too busy. Oooh! And wouldn't this room look awesome with a different color carpet? Or hardwood floors??? Ok, now I'm really getting carried away. Wishful thinking :)
Then I got to work on the bathroom. Ol' blue is, (not so) sadly, no more. Don't get me wrong, I love the color blue. Just not as much as the previous owners. Even the door was painted blue. Both sides.
Before:
After:

Just call me Debbie Travis
Posted by The Whiddens at Friday, November 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
Holy you ARE Debbie Travis!!! I love Hayley's room and your bathroom looks great. Good job!
The rooms are so beautiful. Love the idea in Hayley's room. The room does look huge! Lovin the colours-very modern.
Those rooms look great Julie! You wanna come do my house now??
They both look so good! I think a deep brown is my very favorite color for bathrooms! I had this in my old house and when we get a new one it'll probably be the same thing again!!! (This is an old friend of Jared's from Vanderhoof by the way!)
Here in the states we would call you Martha Stewart:) it looks awesome by the way!!!
WOW, Julie, i'm loving the reno's! Hey did I tell you sarah is getting married and I'm coming home in november? She just barely mailed her invites.. a little late. But if you guys happen to go into cardston on the weekend of the 29th I'd love to see you! Take care!
ooh i LOVE her room, seriously, it looks amaizng, and thats coming form the wife of a painter! lol LOVE LOVE LOVE IT
your bathroom looks like new, you did a great job!!
ps, u might not like the carpet, but i HATE my hard wood in bedrooms, never again...
LOVe the new wall color of the rooms...they look great!
Um, next time you're out this way, can you come paint my kids rooms like that?!?!?! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I want my whole house to look like your bathroom! (um, is that weird?)
LOVE that chocolate brown bathroom, Julie! Good job!
debbie travis indeed. feel like painting some more? come visit!
Oh gosh! You did an AMAZING job! Love love love!!
Post a Comment