...To both my Moms on Mother's Day.

I really like Mother's Day because of the feelings that come along with this day:
Grateful for my own mother, who I appreciate more and more all the time. Especially when I am reminded of some of the horrible things I did as a teen. Or when one of my kids throws a tantrum and reminds me of myself.
Grateful for my mother-in law, for raising a kind-of stubborn boy that turned into a really great dad, with kind-of stubborn kids of his own.
Grateful to both of these women who care so much about their kids and grandkids.
Thinking about (as most moms do) their own jobs as moms. How much they love their kids and would do anything for them. How glad they are that they got these perfect little children instead of that bratty kid down the street (oh c'mon, you know you were thinking it, too! ).
Lucky to have friends who are mothers as well. I love being able to share stuff with friends and know that they have faced the same problems and joys that I have.
I am so lucky to have such great examples of motherhood. They have really helped to shape who I am as a mother to my own children. Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there!
3 comments:
so great talking to you jules.
love ya lots.
looking forward to some 2 mommy + 4 kid adventures this summer.
I agree that mothers day is a great day. Mothers are so easily forgotten so it is nice to have a day for them.
Post a Comment