CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Go 'Nucks

I wanted to post this earlier, but the craziness has kind of taken up all my time these days.

On Thursday, while we had the Black children here, the boys organized a game of hockey. Their dad is a huge Flames fan. The dad in this house, on the other hand... (well, you don't need reminder, now do you?).

Anyway, the rivalry started the minute the kids got here. "You like the Canucks?" "Flames are better" "Let's have a hockey game and the little boys can be the Canucks and the big boys can be the Flames"...

And so they did. These were the teams:

Canucks

Flames

Those teams are looking a little stacked, no?

It was the most entertaining hockey game I've ever watched. The final score was 30-12 (for the Flames, of course), but I was pretty proud of the little boys. You could tell the Blacks were seasoned pros at "basement hockey" because Carter was the only one running around with no clue what to do. He kept shooting at the wrong goal and coming out of the net when it was his turn to be goalie. At one point, I saw Tyler watching Carter and mumbled to himself (baffled), " I don't think these people really watch Canucks games".


I wanted to take a picture of all of them when the game was over. The big boys insisted on holding their arms up, since they won. Little Logan wanted to hold up the ball (that's why his arm is up) and poor Carter was told to keep his arm down. He looks so excited - such a fun game but trying so hard to keep his arm down like he was told! Hilarious.

When Jared came home later I told him that watching that game made me want to have three more boys, just so I could witness stuff like that more often. Thinking about it now, I should really think before I say things like that out loud.

2 comments:

sarah said...

A friend of mine's husband is head coach for the high school football team, and they don't like Raymond. So much in fact, when they had some girls over to play, his 4 year old daughter asked where they were from. The other girl said Raymond, and my friend's daughter said,"OOh, we don't like Raymond".

ec said...

julie.

i love this.

i need a boy.