So this past week, we were in Kananaskis for the first EVER Mendenhall Family Reunion. Exciting? Very.
Everyone was there with the exception of my lil' twin bros. Jared drove us to meet up and hitch a ride with my Dad (Jared had to go home for work, and then met up with us on Thursday after work). We met at Lundbreck Falls in Crownest Pass - so pretty.
We then met Mom, Carly, and Lisa's family (the Crosby's) on Tuesday afternoon and went to Calaway Park. I had never been before and it was so much fun. I loved watching the kids go on all the rides. And the adult ones were pretty fun, too.
Kananaskis is gorgeous! We camped at Mount Kidd RV Resort and there were so many fun things to do. Gorgeous views...
Superman (here he comes to save the day!)
Cute babies to kiss... (My nephew Taylor = easiest baby EVER)
A wading pool (that got soaked up in Hayley's diaper). Nice booty.
There was this handy makeshift playpen...
And of course, mismatched and half naked children, as per usual while camping :)
We went swimming in the creek, hiked some trails, watched a show at the amphitheater, made fruit loop necklaces (or anklets, right ladies?), played at the playground, fed squirrels, and even held a very impressive Variety Show:
The Village People even made an appearance!
We went back to Calaway Park again on Friday (hooray for season's passes) and did everything else we missed the first time. Then we all headed home our separate ways. Sigh. It was fun while it lasted, thanks Fam!
It was a super fun week and now I am officially pooped. Time to settle in and start reading 'Breaking Dawn'. I'll resurface again in about 48 hours.
The Whole Fam Damily
Posted by The Whiddens at Saturday, August 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Family reunions are so much fun. It is good that your fam is starting it early. You are going to have to start a book with all your great scenery background pics.
Sounds like you had a great time! Don't you just love Calaway? I think we're going to head up there again this summer! Oh, and I'm starting Breaking Dawn tomorrow morning! So excited!
Looks fun! I told Tim I want to go camping there next summer. And Breaking Dawn...I'm forcing myself not to open it until the house (nesting stuff) is totally ready and done. It's taunting me from my kitchen table though. Stupid Vampire book!! hehe
Glad to see you are still enjoying a great summer!
looks so much fun! i love the family pic of you guys, it's so cute!
Post a Comment