CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

A Non Blog-Worthy Recap

Well, I'm back from an unintentional blogging hiatus. Did anyone miss me? Didn't think so. I say unintentional because we have been super busy this past couple weeks, but nothing really blog-worthy has come about of all this busyness.

It's been so hot here these days. Like, too hot to even be outside. Except of course, if you're jumping on the trampoline in the sprinkler.


And these hot days have been making really pretty nights, too. This is another one of those times I wish I had a really nice camera so I could accurately capture how gorgeous of a night this was:

And speaking of cameras, mine's broken. It was hanging by a thread as it was and then it got dropped, so that's the end of lil' Kodak. I'm on the market for a new one I guess, which is so silly because it seems like we just bought this one.

This past weekend, we drove to Cranbrook to do some major shopping. It took most of the day, with a short break in between to go swimming at Moyie Lake. While we were at the beach, a women with a zebra print bathing suit walked by and Hayley turns to me and says matter-of-factly, " At's (that's) a cow, Mom.". I should really start supplying these random strangers with earplugs.

Back to shopping, we were there until pretty late in the evening, and spontaneously decided to get a hotel so we could take our time getting home the next day, and not feel rushed. Bad idea. Both kids got the 24-hour flu and were throwing up all night long. In a hotel. With no extra clothes. It seriously rivaled the ever-popular Pukefest of 2007. We Whiddens have awesome luck.

BUT! We are better now and things are back to normal. We have some exciting things coming up at the end of this month. First, is Carter's little summer camp the last week of August. It's called Eco Kids, and they do little nature walks, learn about the environment, plants, animals, etc. I think he'll really like it, especially because he is so into not littering these days. He has a serious hate-on for crows ("garbage birds" as he so lovingly refers to them) because they've ripped apart our garbage and littered everywhere a few times now. He always yells at them from the window, "We need to keep our earth CLEAN!". Poor Hayley has been sucked into his crow propaganda, as well.

We also are planning a trip to Utah on the September long weekend. We haven't been there in 2 1/2 years and can't wait to visit some Whidden cousins.

Oh and after two months of having no living room furniture, we finally bought some and it's coming next week! Wheee!

6 comments:

Tim and Ashlee said...

Whoa fun! It has been hot eh? Yikes! I've been hiding in my pool. And that totally sucks about the puking in a hotel. Terrible!

JWalburger said...

New furniture is always exciting! And Julie, your blogging was missed. Sounds like a good but bad time in Cranbrook. Hopefuly the next trip will not be so mixed. Enjoy your trip next weekend to Salt lake.

Leah Silver said...

Sick again--no fun! Your kids and the flu never get a break. Utah will be the best--I am too jealous. And trampolines and sprinklers: a definite duo.

Andrea Whidden said...

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU, we are going to have so much fun.....

Leah if you read this come on down!!! it will be a even bigger par-tay.....

sarah said...

That is seriously so funny about the cow comment. I just started chuckling. Kids say the funniest things!

Skye said...

Puking in a hotel??? Seriously, one of my biggest nightmares! I'm glad you all lived through it!!!