CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Jared's Favorite Day of the Year

Happy (belated) Canada Day!

This past weekend, we went down to Lethbridge and spent the weekend with friends and family. We stayed at the Jarmans (the McKays were there as well) and spent pretty much the whole weekend outside. We went to Indian Battle Park, Park Lake, Henderson Lake for the Canada Day fireworks, and Raymond for the parade and family dinner. We also had a bonfire, BBQ'd, watched the kids splash in the wading pool, and went for lots of bike rides. It was a super fun weekend and turned out to be plenty satisfactory for my oh-so-patriotic husband.

The only downside was that my camera was low on batteries and I missed out on so many picture-taking opportunities. These are the only pictures I got of the fun-filled weekend...


Three.

Three pictures.

Anyone who knows me knows how devastated I am right now.

I am hoping Bobbi will send me some pictures that she took, because there are so many cute ones of the kids together.

Hayley found a little doll of Isabelle's while we were there and became instantly attached to it. It's the doll in the pictures above. She carried it around with her everywhere and I mean EVERYWHERE. That poor little dolly survived being held through every nap, dropped in the pool, taken on every bike ride, and endured many of Hayley's open-mouthed, baby-food-filled kisses. She even got to bring it home with her and the doll is being snuggled by Hayley in bed right this moment. Hayley even learned how to say "baby" and calls for it every time I get her up from her nap.

We had a great time and glad we got to see everyone we did. Hopefully my camera will smarten up by this weekend. We are going camping at Miquelon Lake on Friday and Saturday. Hayley's first time camping...

I'd better not forget to pack "baby".

2 comments:

ec said...

so cute.

i know the feeling about the camera...devastating.

and yes, don't forget that baby. what is it about little
girls and dollies? guess its just in them...so darn cute.

and yes, yes, yes. camping. our house WILL be sold by then and my stress levels will be back to normal. i'm excited.

The Richards in Canada said...

My re-chargeables have had it as well...I can take a few pictures and then nothing...I didn't take one picture in Waterton until we go to the top of Bears Hump JUST IN CASE. I would DIE if I didn't have pictures of that moment. So yes she did it ALL by herself. She asked to be carried once. I was impressed. So when are you guys moving back to lethbridge? So about the knee take it easy, it it's injured running will just make it worse. I know it's hard to NOT run but you'll be glad you did. Get on your bike so you at least feel like you're moving!!