Today, we went to Michelon Lake - again. Its a fun lake with a nice, big, sandy beach. And the best part is that it's free, unlike Allen Beach (which is really nice, but 6 bucks a person).
I'm not gonna put up any pictures because, frankly, I don't think any of us want more pictures of us in our bathing suits on this blog.
After that, we came home for some naps, then went to a local spray park. We got Wendy's on the way for a picnic (yeah, I know, how "homemaker-ish" of me). Then we went down to the pond and fed the ducks some pieces of hamburger buns. Carter found a cup and caught a minnow in it. We didn't even help him. He is so excited to "tell Grandpa that he caught a fish all by himself!".
Everyone comments on how good of a baby Hayley is because she's so content. And she is - MOST of the time. When she was around 6 months old, my mom heard her crying and commented that it was the first time she'd ever heard her cry. My facial expression could best be described as utter confusion. I have sure heard her cry. Loud.
She is almost always such a happy little thing - very content - until something doesn't go her way. And then, watch out! She can sure wail when she wants to.
In fact, she will go from this...
to this...
In seconds flat.
My parents used to say this poem about me when I was little and I think the same is true for Hayley.
There was a little girl,
Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
When she was good,
She was very, very good,
But when she was bad, she was horrid.
Yep, that describes Hayley pretty well. She is a sweet little, crazy-spaz. And we love her to bits. I can hardly believe she is 10 months old already. I know this is cliche but, my baby is growing up. Sniff.
Bring On the Aloe Vera
Posted by The Whiddens at Saturday, July 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
If that poem could be written for boys, that would describe my children. They're super good most of the time, but when they decide to get mad, they GET MAD! I smiled when I read how you had a look of utter confusion on your face in response to what your mom said.
I know exactly how you feel. Samantha is just like that. Content one minute and screamign the next, sure makes for interesting days. I also agree on the growing up part too. I find it hard believe that Samantha is 10 months old, and acting more like a kid/toddler than a baby all the time. sniff, sniff, so sad.
Post a Comment