... relaxing, after a busy day hosting a luncheon for 8 people.
... looking forward to my "Mommy Retreat" shopping trip tomorrow!
... officially a hockey mom.
... taking pictures of Hayley whenever she has a tantrum. It makes her stop because she doesn't know what the heck I am doing.
... thinking (despite the occasional tantrums) that I have pretty awesome kids. I was commenting to my sister today on the phone that I am finally able to pull my head out of that "deep dark fog", otherwise known as "having babies", and enjoy some me time. They are at such an easy age, and entertain each other for hours on end. Life is good with these two sweethearts:
... desperately needing to catch up on laundry.
... missing my sweet momma, who has a hilarious blog and posted this for me on my birthday.
... embracing this whole "late-twenties" thing.
... bragging to anyone who will listen about how I went to Kalispell last weekend, finished all my Christmas shopping, and came home and wrapped all those presents! Oh yeah! Can I get a Whoop Whoop?!?
... wondering why my 5-year-old is so obsessed with hunting, when we've never even participated in said activity. Like, ever.
... so happy Mr. Handsomepants is finally home. He has been on work trips and in Arbitration so much, we have hardly seen him lately. It's all done now so we can have him back again.... wondering if it's too early to put the kids on skis this winter.
... regretting even bothering with my Kindergartner's Picture Retakes at school, when the second round was worse than the first. It's comical actually.... having a playdate.
... having Shanna's Torillas for supper. It's the best, and a secret family recipe so don't even ask (I am totally kidding, but that sounded mysterious, didn't it?).... singing Miley's "Party in the USA" over and over again. Don't laugh. That song is way too catchy.
... finally getting used to my lighter hair color.
... excited about my new Christmas dress that just came in the mail. Online shopping just might win me over yet.
... sad to see some friends move away.
... doing P90X - Yoga today. Yikes.
What are YOU today?

9 comments:
Sounds like a great life! You're wrong about the late twenties thing, though. I had to explain this to Glenn. 20-23 are early twenties, 24-26 are mid twenties, and 27-29 are late twenties. You've got a whole other year before you have to embrace your late twenties! :)
You live a crazy life my dear friend! Sorry I didn't make it to the lunch. I had something exciting that needed to be taken care of so I missed it (and I forgot... because of all the excitment) You're curious. I would be too. (but I can't jinx it... not yet). I can't believe you are done ALL your christmas shopping. I thought I was nuts. Clearly not as nuts as you. It's oddly comforting.
You're kids are so adorable! I love the picture of the two of them on the couch(?)I assume. We still haven't mastered that whole 'both of you look at the camera and smile at the same time' thing. We're workin' on it. Life sounds busy, but great! I wish we lived closer- craft time looked fun!
Rebecca - You are totally right! How could I have forgotten about the mid-twenties??? Phew, that's really great, because I was totally lying about being okay with the whole "late-twenties' thing! ... Kidding :)
Kristin - I'm intrigued.
Kinsey - I really wish you lived closer too. Then we could craft the day away together! Maybe someday...
Shanna's Tortilla's = best dinner ever!
Whoop! Whoop! (That was for the Christmas present buying and wrapping.) I'm planning on making Shanna's Tortillas tomorrow night when the missionaries come for supper. Gotta love em.
As always your life sounds like sooooo much fun!! Glad that Mr H is back from working away. It's always nice to have the husbands home in the evenings to help :)
You have intrigued me by saying your getting used to your lighter hair. Do post a picture so I can see!!
Skye was sitting on my lap while I was looking at your post and without me prompting her she said Haley and Carter swimming. Amazing how their memory gets better and better. This is a good thing and a bad thing!!
Hey, it was good to see you in person saturday.
Wow, you even wrapped all your presents? I am finishing up my Christmas shopping this weekend with American Thanksgiving black friday shopping in Kallispell. Why did you go 2 weekends ago instead of waiting for black friday? Don't you just love shopping in the states? I sure do.
Hmm you should post that recipe for tortillas. Also, question, do you like the p90x? Is it worth it? How long are the workouts because right now I only have time for 30minutes. Seen lots of people mention it on their blogs here or there. Let me know if you like it.
Wow busy! I wished you'd come wrap all my Christmas gifts too! And yoga...ugh! So not my favorite cuz it takes way too long to do. Oh and what hotel did you stay at in Kalispell with a pool? We're always looking for a good one there.
Post a Comment