CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Chillax

Chillax is a commonly-used phrase around our house. This past week I set out to do just that. One day, I actually set aside all the household chores just to do fun stuff with the kids all day. We played Cars Bingo, and Princess Dominoes. Then we played "Hunting and Camping", a favorite that involves alot of sleeping, waking up, campfires, and bear attacks (all imaginary, chillax). Then we did something shocking... I let the kids PAINT. Yep, I decided to be "Nice Mom" and not worry about the mess. And you should see the "log cabin" I fashioned out of popsicle sticks and a hot glue gun. We crafted the day away and they loved it.



We took the kids skating today at the rec center. First time for the Little Miss, and she did awesome.



I really needed a week like this. And I'm pretty proud that I didn't get swayed either; the hubby wanted to spontaneously drive somewhere, get a hotel with a waterslide, do some shopping, etc (a normal conversation that comes up, oh, every weekend at our house), but I stuck to the plan. Chillax. It's been nice, even though he might not admit it :)

2 comments:

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

I loved this post.
I love all your posts, but this one especially. We all need to do more of this. It always ends up being so awesome and makes memories as a family! Good for you for sticking to your guns!
P.S. We love the word chillax too!

Tim and Ashlee said...

Looks like the perfect weekend. We're always looking for something to do now that Tim works shift work and always has 5 days off. But sometimes it's so nice to just Chillax!