... watching Carter play soccer in his week-long soccer camp.
... still laughing at Carter imitating his British Soccer Camp instructors English accent. Oh my goodness, kids are hilarious.
... going to Crowsnest Pass to look at kitchen counter tops. Wishful thinking? Probably.
... wishing I didn't need sleep to survive. There's just not enough hours in the day to finish all my little projects.
... excited to have loads of company this weekend. It's going to be so much fun!
... not gonna lie: P90X is kicking my butt.
... wondering if my partying neighbors know it was me that filed a complaint. Whatever, I wasn't woken up at 4 am by loud drunkenness last night so it must have worked!
... watching my grass grow. Over a month ago, we rototilled the garden patch and planted grass seed - it's not going so well. For reals, how long do I have to wait for it to just grow in thick and lush already?
... wishing I could just say "no" when I get asked to do things I just plain don't want to do.
... realizing that drama with girls starts young. Hayley came up to me and said (in a tormented voice), "But I just want to go home this weekend!" (a quote from the movie "Bolt"). And then walked away, giving a huge sigh.
... thinking I should host huge get-togethers every weekend. It's great motivation for me to finish all my little at-home fix-it projects that I've been procrastinating for way too long.
... looking forward to the Whidden reunion on the Oregon Coast in less than a month!
... realizing that my brothers get home from Russia in a few months - so stinkin' excited!
What are YOU today?
Today I am...
Posted by The Whiddens at Thursday, July 09, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
It honestly feels like i just read the post where your brothers got their mission calls!
Sounds like you have LOTS going on. I'm so with you on the saying no thing....i wish i could.
the boys get home in a couple of months? what? i'm not totally sure if i believe you ...
love this post!
and yes! i got the package. i meant to say it a bazillion times this weekend and never did. great to see you and your cuties. we need to do our camping trip ... someday.
Love the post! i can hardly believe your little bros are coming home so soon.
I seeded a large patch of grass and it helped to just start mowing it and adding more seed as needed but it really took until the second summer until it looked great.
P90X? Seriously? Tim was just talking about it last night. He really wants to do it and I'd said I'd join him. Crap....it sounds hard. Are ya seeing the results? Which day are ya on now?
And really...didn't your brothers JUST leave for Russia??
You have two brothers serving in Russia at the same time??? What are the chances of that? Awesome! Sounds like a great summer, Julie!
Post a Comment