Just like everybody and their dog, we headed to Raymond for Canada Day again this year. My grandparents live there and every year it's a big party with almost everyone in attendance. We spent the day watching the parade, eating good food, and visiting with family and friends. We decked the kids out in Canada shirts, hats, and fake tattoos. And... the next day they had tan lines on their faces in the shape of Canada flags. Pretty funny.
The sirens were a bit too loud for Hayley, who must take after her wimpy, sensitive-eared Mother.
The three little Mendenhall boy cousins:
After all the partying we went camping (just the four of us) to Ridge Reservoir, which was recommended by a friend. Good thing my hard-working GPS memory got us there.
Carter and Hayley love camping, and we're so glad they're such good little campers. This weekend just reaffirmed the fact that these kids were meant to be born into our family. They are just so laidback and chill with doing whatever we feel like doing - whether it's camping, or spontaneously driving across North America! It's happened before.
Happy (belated) Canada Day everyone! Especially to all our American relatives who, deep down, secretly wish they lived in this awesome country! (ahem Gina... Andrea...)
Canada Day Weekend. A tad late.
Posted by The Whiddens at Monday, July 06, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
so much fun you had! (wait, I'm not intentionally trying to sound like Yoda, let me try that again) ahem, you had so much fun! (See, do or do not there is not try - I'm sorry I don't know what wrong with me) I'm so glad you too that pic of the boys, clearly you got the "remember to bring a camera and use it" gene. Yay Jules!
I love Canada day.
So, Jeanne came with you guys? (or her twin who looks EXACTLY like her?!) I haven't seen her for 6 years. Crazy. and I was in the same town at the same time.
We go out to the ridge all the time. My kids love it out there. Nice and simple.
Funny how we can do the same things at the same time and have no idea!
Glad to see you enjoyed your day. Kids are wonderful when they are so easy going, eh.
And don't forget me... although I guess it's no big secret that I'd rather live in Canada :)
I was talking to Bobbi and I mentioned a while back that I found your blog. she just told me that you read mine too. ha, so we should be blogging friends. That is so fun that you like camping. We never have really tried it, neither my husband or I grew up camping. Maybe that is why. We will have to try it. Maybe go to ridge (haven't been there in YEARS!) and try it out. Nice and close to home. Great blog, fun pictures and activites.
Carmen
Post a Comment