It's that time of year again. Ya know that time of year when you're just too busy having way too much fun to actually stop and blog about having way too much fun? Here's what we've been up to these days:
- renovated my downstairs bathroom... for a total cost of about $43. Paint, flooring, toilet. Yep.
ugly before:
- Went to Sherwood Park for 5 days to visit my family. Carter and Hayley had so much fun with Grandma, Grandpa, and Carly. We rented movies, played games, did some shopping, visited old friends, went to a kid's birthday party whom we had just met, went swimming at the Legislature pools, took the high level bridge trolley train...


me and my best friend growing up Becca

My Mom and I wanted to do alot of shopping together. We all know shopping with kids is almost impossible, so we'll do whatever it takes to entertain them while browsing Walmart. Like letting them use my camera to take random pictures. Looking at the pictures afterward is hilarious enough in and of itself...


...but especially when you find pictures like this on your camera:
There were pictures of everything in Walmart, and I mean everything!Funny story for the day: While shopping, Hayley sees something similar to the bra in the picture above and goes: "Mommy! Look! Those are seashells, just like Ariel wears!".
Have I mentioned before that I think my kids are hilarious? Because they are.
- Summertime means more baths for those dirty little feet, and Hayley especially enjoys her baths. I secretly videotaped her in the tub, just to prove that she really never stops talking. Never.
- We've been having alot of crazy thunderstorms here these days.
Coming up:
- Today the kids and I leave for Wasa to go camping with my Aunt and Uncle and family for 2 days. Boating on the lake in 30* weather - I could get used to this.
- On Thursday, we leave for our 17 day vacation, yes that's right I said 17 days. We are heading down to the Oregon coast for the Whidden Family reunion in Florence. Afterward Jared, the kids, and I have 12 more days to mosey our way back on up home, through Oregon, Washington, and BC stopping and staying wherever we feel like. Sounds relaxing, doesn't it? *We have some ideas of what we could do (California Redwoods? Seattle? Trail/Nelson/Kelowna? Any other suggestions?)* I am so excited.
- Mendenhall Family reunion near the end of August. Huge, crazy, and always a good time.
- My brothers come home from Russia on August 21st. There are probably no words to express how excited I am to see them.
Well that's it peeps. You are officially updated. Now don't say I never did nothin' for you :)
Hope you are all having a good summer!



5 comments:
How on earth do you not have those ugly snickering sounds that MY "secret videotapings" always have in them because I can't stop laughing at my silly kids??? Hayley is a little chatterbox isn't she? She's so cute! I love the Walmart + camera idea and the pictures were so funny! Thanks for the update...summer gets so busy!
Wow you guys are having a fantastic summer! I loved Hayley's conversation! My fave part was "My name is Nemo. That's a nice name!" Hilarious!
Oh, and i'm totally trying out the camera while shopping idea. That's fantastic!
wow girl call me when you get home.i miss you lots,have fun and dont forget a postcard for me...lol maybe itllbe worth something someday!!haha have a good holiday girl call me when you get home.
lol, that is awsome! I had a huge laugh at the wal mart photos and the video clips.
In WA, there is this great park my cousins went to called Wild Waves.
(http://www.wildwaves.com/)
They said the kids LOVED it.
Some other sites that might help you plan activites and such are:
http://www.experiencewa.com/
http://www.hellobc.com/en-CA/default.htm
Ha. I loved the video of Hayley. Best parts:
-(somewhat scoldingly) "Winnie the Pooh!"
-"I'm Nemo!" "That's a nice name!"
Post a Comment