CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Finally!

I have been wanting to run in a race for awhile now, and finally just stopped procrastinating and signed up for one. I ran with some friends of ours (despite much convincing, Jared declined running with us and opted to be the photographer this time). We did the RBC Sole Survivor in Crowsnest Pass. I ran the 5k and Jason and Vanessa ran the 10k. The race started at 7:30 pm and the temperature was 31* C, so it was definitely a hot one!


Some pics before the race. I know, we are dorks...


Me after crossing the finish line:

Vanessa, Jason and I after the race.
I had so much fun and I'm so glad I finally got around to actually doing a race, instead of just talking about doing it someday. It makes me want to enter more.

11 comments:

Leah Silver said...

Way to go. I need a little of your motivation sent my way!

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

I'm proud. Signing up for races is the first step. I'd love to join you if you ever run in any down my way! Way to go.. Doesn't it feel great accomplishing a goal? Goals are awesome.
Great job.
P.S. What's with such trendy running wear? You look great!

Kinsey said...

Nice work Julie!!!

Crystal HW said...

YAY JULIE! Way to go!

Scott and Tara said...

Good work Julie! Alyssa and I also signed up for a race this summer. Ours is in August and a 10 km. We are pretty excited. Just like you, i have always wanted to do one and when my sister said she wanted to do one, we both signed up!!

Sheri said...

Awesome Job! (You look pretty hot too!)

Sheri said...

Awesome Job! (You look pretty hot too!)

Tim and Ashlee said...

Wow! Good job! I'm still in the talking about a race stage.

So...I had a weird dream last night that we bumped into you guys at a Yard Sale in the Pass. Crazy!

dresselfamily.blogspot.com said...

ooh wow, good for you julie, i am soo proud of you!

sherri said...

Im so pround of you!!Way to go dear!

The Lowry's said...

I too have always wanted to run in a race, a half marathon more specific. So way to go. I should follow suit and sign up for one. Way to go.