A few weeks ago, we were at the park and Hayley had an accident. I said, "Oh no Hayley, I didn't bring any extra pants and undies for you! Now we have nothing for you to wear." Hayley replies, "That's okay Mommy, I'll just wear my legs!"
Carter says: "Hayley, I'll teach you a nursery rhyme. Repeat after me: 'Little Miss Muffet sat on a tuffet, eating her curtain rod...'".
Today Hayley was complaining of a tummy ache and she said, "Mom, I think a mean monster went outside and got some mud and then put it in my tummy and that make it all hurts."
Whenever Carter has his shirt off he "flexes his muscles" (which is hilarious in and of itself, because he is the skinniest little thing). He points to his "muscles", which are really just the bones of his rib cage sticking out and says, "Look I have the HUGEST muscles. Girls like guys that have big muscles.". (All I can think is - oh my goodness kid, you are way too young to be talking like that).
One night after their bath and putting on pajamas, Carter and Hayley both asked, "Can we stay up???" (ya know, that annoying question they ask every night). It was actually early so I said Sure, they could stay up for a bit. Carter excitedly replies, "Mom! Today I wished on a dandelion that you would be a nicer mommy and my wish just came true!". Gee, thanks Carter.
Hayley was watching Dora the Explorer, and on the show Dora asks, "Will you help us??" and Hayley replies, "No! Be a big girl and do it yourself Dora!"
Carter was comparing me to some other girl, pointing out how we looked so different from each other. He says, "You guys are just so different Mom; she has blond hair, and you have brown. Her eyes are not blue like yours. And she doesn't have any zits on her face...". And then he had honestly no idea why I laughed so hard.
One day I was upstairs cleaning and decided to spray some Febreze to make the house smell fresher. Carter and Hayley hear me spraying it and come rushing up the stairs asking, "Who's coming over????". Silly kids - I do clean my house even when there aren't visitors about to ring my doorbell! Really!
Sometimes when we put Hayley to bed at nights, she stays awake in her room, usually singing at the top of her lungs. The other night, she was singing that song "Numa Numa" by O-Zone, and she knew every single word off by heart. She was getting right into it, "Maria-He, Maria-Ho, Maria-Ha, Maria-HA-HA!". Jared and I were standing outside her door listening and killing ourselves laughing. I'll try and add the song below for those who don't know. Imagine a little 2-year-old singing it. HILARIOUS.
My kids are funny.
Posted by The Whiddens at Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
This is going to keep me chuckling for the rest of the day.
oh my gosh you do have funny kids! My fave his Hayley telling Dora to do it herself! HILARIOUS!!!!
Funny kids! ..."Eating her curtain rod..."! That's hilarious!
Thanks for a much needed laugh!!! Your kids are just too darn cute........i wonder where they get it from ?!?!?
Thank you for the laughs!! Your kids are hilarious.
Wow! You are right, your kids are hilarous! It makes me excited for when Avery starts taking and says funny things, wow! I was laughing so hard Julie! I love what Hayley said to Dorah, you tell her Hayley!
Those are hilarious! I love the Dora comment and the dandelion wish one. I love your kids!
Oh man Julie that was hilarious, next time I'm sad I will read this list and fall off my chair laughing again, so great! Maybe I should teach Avery to wish on dandelions, she calls them Bad Flowers.
LOL!!!! made me smile.
LOL those are good Julie.Kids say the darnest things hey!
Seriously your kids are hysterical!
How do you remember all these things? do you have a good memory or do you write it down somewhere?
sooooo soooo cute!!!!!!
i loved the Dora one!
ok those are hilarious!!! Keep them coming!
ps-when are we going to get together this summer!
Your kids are so funny! I love it.
I was at our parents ward on sunday and I was shocked at how much your little sister looked like you, it was amazing!
BAhaha! I totally got a kick out of these!
Your kids are funny, Julie. And growing up so fast, it's ridiculous.
Post a Comment