Anyone else ever had that same feeling? I sure do right now because some exciting things are going down at the Whidden pad these days.
First of all, Jared just got a new calling (YM Pres) which means a whole lot more meetings. And if you add that to all my meetings I already have, we are going to have an interesting dilemna balancing our schedules, especially with one of us needing to be home with the kids. Plus, one thing (that has to do with my calling) is keeping me so busy, it needs a numerical category unto itself. So here it is:
Secondly: Super Saturday. The planning for this is all me, folks. I don't even have an Enrichment Leader or anything. So I am calling for all ideas: if you have done any fun, but classy Christmas crafts - pass along those ideas, would ya?
Thirdly, today Carter and Hayley started "school". No, not real school. Carter wouldn't have any of that since he's "not 5 yet" (Stickler). Another girl in my ward and I are doing an at-home-preschool for our 4 kids, sort of like Joy School. We have come up with some really fun lesson plans, crafts, games, songs, and activities - all thanks to the wonderful world wide web. Seriously, what did people do before internet? They had their first one today and I was really surprised how into it they all were, and I think it's going to work really well.
Fourthly, I have "chipped off the ol' block", so to speak, and decided to start teaching musical classes at the Rec Center here in town. For anyone who knows my Mom, she has run her "Showbiz Kids" program for about 17 years now. I was in it when I was little, and then helped her out a bit the past couple years. So biologically, I should have some of that talent running in my blood, shouldn't I? I sure hope so because I start in 2 weeks.
Add to that our weekly playgroup, never ending (or just procrastinated) home improvements, and this family's excessive desire to travel and we have ourselves one busy existence. Plus we got Rock Band. And we all know how much time that takes (a super fun game thankless job but somebody's gotta do it).
Life is about to get a whole lot busier.
Posted by The Whiddens at Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
www.greymatterdecor.com
This is the gals website that is doing our super saturday in October , yes her name is Andrea, so it should obviously be awesome right.
Check it out some has some cute ideas;)
Julie - you'll do awesome planning Super Saturday. I'm very excited to see your ideas! If I think of any I'll let you know...
PS If you ever need a place to drop off Carter and Hayley, give me a call. Paige would love it if her friend Carter could come play!
holy cow.
i'm planning our super saturday too and i'm about as far into it as you are. i'll give you some ideas when i get some ... as long as you do the same.
are you coming to the wedding?
Yeesh....that post just makes me tired!!!!!! You're amazing to get all of that accomplished!!!
One year we did cookies in a jar. You put all the dry ingredients into a quart(?) sized canning jar, with instructions on adding the liquid parts (milk, butter, eggs). Put a cute top on it and tie it off with a bow. They make good Christmas presents for neighbors if you want to take that angle with projects...
My goodness, I just got called to be the enrichment leader in our ward, so you'll have to let me know what you did for your super saturday and how it went!
Post a Comment