CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Shocking, I Know

Some exciting news - We are moving to Sparwood, BC at the end of March. Jared got a job as a Employee Relations Coordinator at Elk Valley Coal. The company has been great so far - providing so much to help us make this decision - plus it's a place where we have always hoped to live someday.

We visited there a few weeks ago (the reason for this trip and why we stayed in such a nice hotel) and it is a gorgeous area - perfect for our outdoorsy family. The town only has about 4000 people (but it has a ward! which we went to), it's about 20 minutes from Fernie, 90 minutes from Lethbridge and we are excited to start house hunting!

It will be hard to leave Edmonton. It has been so fun being close to my family these past two years and we have made some amazing friends here. Sad to move away but...you'll just all have to come visit us in Sparwood!

11 comments:

ec said...

holy moly!

i just read your family letter and was so confused....

congrats!

sparwood will be a wonderful place to live!

Kirsti said...

This is a double edged sword. I am happy for your family and can't wait to visit but am sad that we won't be able to see you when we feel like it.
Who will Trena, Andy and us watch the UFC fights with?? :(
Maybe we will just have to move to Sparewood as well ;)

sarah said...

Oh, my goodness! That's so exciting. I am very happy for you guys.

becca olsen said...

wow! That's so exciting! I need to call you soon!!

Anonymous said...

lovin' the new stripey background - too cute!

JWalburger said...

Too fun!! When r u coming down for hosue hunting? If you need a day away, we can always meet you in Sparwood to swim (they have a kid freindly pool that is fun) or feel free to visit. you can message me for any other details if you want.

That is SOO EXCITING!!! Congradulate Jared for me.

loving the new background as well, by the way.

Anonymous said...

That is VERY exciting. Maybe we will see you more often now? Probably not, but I figured it would be nice to say.

Andrea Whidden said...

Yeah... I am excited for you guys. So will you be back in Edmonton in May?? for a wedding??

Nancy said...

That is fun you are moving, I love moving to new places. You guys are so adventurous, I love it. Good for you guys

dresselfamily.blogspot.com said...

oh julie, thats soo exciting. And 90 mins from lethbridge, you know you HAVE to come visit more often now!!!
heidi

Tim and Ashlee said...

You guys are gonna love it there. I miss it!