This past weekend we went to Fernie. It was my first time there and, oh my gosh, it was so much fun. Carter called it "Hernie Fernie" the whole time. We're not really sure why, but it was hilarious nonetheless. The best part was definitely our hotel room. It was so nice, I don't know if you can even call it a hotel room. Seriously, it was almost bigger than our first rental place right after we got married. It had a bedroom, living room, kitchen, dining room, huge bathroom, washer and dryer, dishwasher, etc. I just had to take these pics to show how amazing the room was. Not to mention the views up there in the mountains.



There was so much snow. It was so crazy. But the weird thing was it wasn't even cold. People kept apologizing for the "unseasonably cold weather" but compared to Edmonton, it felt like the Bahamas. Except with snow. Some of the piles were taller than houses. I have never seen that much snow in my entire life. There were even icicles hanging off buildings that were probably 10 feet long.

We played in the snow, watched movies, went swimming, sat in the hot tubs, worked out at the fitness center, ate at restaurants, and drank hot chocolate to our hearts content.
Oh and we got to see The Wold's Largest Truck. Now there's something you don't see everyday.


It was HUGE! It doesn't look that big from far away, but when you get up close and stand next to those wheels...
The whole weekend was just so relaxing and fun. We didn't even want to come back home. Why can't we do this every weekend? Oh wait, because we're not millionaires, that's why. But still... I am convinced; Fernie beats out Disneyland (and yes Lisa, it beats Chuck E Cheese, too) as the happiest place on earth.
Kidding.
Sorta.
Hernie Fernie
Posted by The Whiddens at Sunday, February 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
(SIGH) I miss home. Now you can see why I hate living here and want so badly to move back home to my family and Hernie Fernie. And that's also why Tim and I go home ALL.THE.TIME!
Oh and that truck. Ya I drove one at the Coal Mine when I was 18. All summer long. Took some getting used to and the night shifts SUCK. But it's a cool story to tell after.
YOu went to Sparwood and didn't stop to see me in the Pass? Jsut kidding!! Glad to see you had a great weekend. It is nice to get away sometimes. Where did you get your hotel room? That looks like a great place to go.
better than Chuck E. Cheese? I'll have to see it to believe it! Sounds like a good time - next time you can smuggle me there in a duffle bag, okay?
I'm so jealous! It looks like you guys had a great weekend! And holy crap, what a nice place you stayed at!!!!
woo hoo!
you are so lucky. that looks amazing. one of these days...
and i can't believe how much carly looks like you in the picture at chuck e. cheese.
and jeanne? tell her i miss her...and i love her. when's her big day?
Post a Comment