Well, we are home from our quick trip down south. We got to see lots of family and a few friends. First we went to Cardston and stayed with Swanee where we were coerced into "round-the-piano-sing-a-longs", eating concoctions such as carrot and raisin salad, and playing Scrabble. Lots of Scrabble. And what would a visit to Grandma's be without the ritual of forcing some poor crying baby to ride in her 80 year old baby carriage - pushing it downtown, for all of Cardston to see? Hayley was a willing participant...
The best part was that Swanee just got an old grandma scooter to ride around on. Carly and I drove it to Extra Foods, parked it in a parking spot, and went inside to get some groceries. We got a few funny looks and some comments, but it was worth it.
Next, we headed out to Raymond for the reunion (with a quick detour to Lethbridge to visit Bobbi and Lily!). There were alot of fun things to do at the reunion and it was so fun to see everyone. I think Jared was the only person out of the whole Mendenhall family who wasn't able to make at least an appearance there (he stayed here because I left earlier in the work week in order to come back early for a wedding this weekend). We figured it would make around 78 people if everyone was there. This is just my grandparents and their kids, grandkids, and great-grandkids. Yep, crazy big family.
This is our attempt to take a picture of all 15 great-grandkids. Notice there are only 12 in the picture. It was a disaster. Almost every kid was crying, and running away.
Poor Hayley can't stand sitting on the grass. She would sit like this, trying to make as little contact with the ground as possible.
There was bowling, fishing, group games, swimming, golfing, campfires, and Uncle Bernie brought the horses out and gave the kids a ride.
Carter is actually still there with my parents. I left him there because we had a wedding to get back to. I drove back Saturday night with Hayley and my brother Joel. When I dropped Joel off at home, in the mailbox was his mission call, along with my other brother Dallin's (they are twins). So, we are anxiously awaiting the rest of the family to come home so they can open them. I will keep you posted on that...
So that little trip kicked off our busiest month. Jared and I are thinking this is going to be our funnest summer yet. I think it's already my best summer, and we're only halfway done!
Family Reunion
Posted by The Whiddens at Monday, August 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
i love the kid picture.
total chaos.
Looks like you guys had fun. Love the picture of her trying to not let the grass touch her legs.
Hey, Swanee is in my ward. I love her. She's so funny.
Post a Comment