On Saturday our sweet little guy turned 8 years old. Yes, 8!!! I'm not sure how I feel about him being that old already.
We spent his birthday in Lethbridge and did a few fun activities to celebrate. On Friday night we went to the U of L basketball game, and stayed at the "waterslide hotel". Carter woke up on his birthday to his presents in the hotel room.




Then we swam in the wave pool and went on the waterslides for a few hours.




Subway for lunch...Carter's choice of course. It's his favorite place to eat! (Shocking, I know. What kid doesn't pick somewhere with french fries?! Only our kids, haha)

Then we found somewhere to eat Carter's cake. We had already checked out of our hotel and it was quite windy and cold outside so we went to the College (where Jared and I met!) and found a quiet area with table and chairs to have the cake. True to form, our little worrier Carter was quite nervous that we were going to "get in trouble" being there on a Saturday. It took a while to convince him that other people were there using the library, watching sports, going to the gym, etc and that we were allowed to be there too. He even got a few birthday wishes from random passerby's.
That evening we took the kiddos to the Hurricanes hockey game, another activity chosen by the birthday boy. I just love going to hockey games: the excitement, the atmosphere, the mini-donuts... :) We had a fun night together.


I said it before, but it's hard to believe our little guy is 8 years old. He is such a funny personality, and finds humor in almost everything. Although sometimes he can be quite serious and brings a balance to his parent's silly/spontaneous moods. He is the best big brother to Hayley, and she doesn't know how lucky she is to have him. We just love our Carter-man!!!




Subway for lunch...Carter's choice of course. It's his favorite place to eat! (Shocking, I know. What kid doesn't pick somewhere with french fries?! Only our kids, haha)
Then we found somewhere to eat Carter's cake. We had already checked out of our hotel and it was quite windy and cold outside so we went to the College (where Jared and I met!) and found a quiet area with table and chairs to have the cake. True to form, our little worrier Carter was quite nervous that we were going to "get in trouble" being there on a Saturday. It took a while to convince him that other people were there using the library, watching sports, going to the gym, etc and that we were allowed to be there too. He even got a few birthday wishes from random passerby's.
That evening we took the kiddos to the Hurricanes hockey game, another activity chosen by the birthday boy. I just love going to hockey games: the excitement, the atmosphere, the mini-donuts... :) We had a fun night together.

I said it before, but it's hard to believe our little guy is 8 years old. He is such a funny personality, and finds humor in almost everything. Although sometimes he can be quite serious and brings a balance to his parent's silly/spontaneous moods. He is the best big brother to Hayley, and she doesn't know how lucky she is to have him. We just love our Carter-man!!!
3 comments:
It really is hard to believe how fast the time has flown by! Happy Birthday Carter.
Love that kid, he is one of the sweetest, kindest and loving little boys around! Happy Birthday Carter!!
Happy Bday Carter! Sounds like you had an awesome day!
Post a Comment