This morning, Hayley was crying about something, so I told her, "Hayley, you need to stop crying or I'll put you to bed". She stopped for a second, but then started fussing again.
Carter, being his usual "oldest-child" self, then said, "Okay, Hayley, you're going to bed. Mommy said stop crying and you didn't, so now you have to go to bed. Bye bye."
I told him, "Carter, you don't need to be bossy. I'm the one that decides if she goes to bed, not you."
"But I'm just helping you", he replied. I told him I didn't need his help with something like this and he indignantly asked, "Well then, how are you ever going to learn?"
Parenting Advice from a Four Year Old
Posted by The Whiddens at Wednesday, April 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
oh man. did you laugh at him?
that totally busted my gut.
Hahaha that Carter is such a funny one :0
Oh wow that's funny. I guess you were sure told!
LOL!! That is such a funny story! I had a good laugh over that one. Kids definetly say teeh darndest things, eh?
Post a Comment