We've had a busy week. On Thursday, Jared's parents came for a visit on their way back from Oregon, Utah and Lethbridge (the "Loop", as we call it) visiting 5 of their 8 kids. They only stayed one night, but it was fun to visit and show them around our new town.
On Friday, Jared, the kids, and I decided to go to Cranbrook for the day, just to check it out. Cranbrook is really pretty. It's fairly small, but it has every store you could need. After shopping, we did some exploring. We got a little lost (apparently trespassed onto a native reserve) and drove right past these crazy hoodoos. The pictures don't even do them justice, they were so cool. I really wanted to get out and try to climb them, but... ya know... the whole trespassing thing...
After finding our way back, we went to the SPCA in Cranbrook and played with all the animals. Hayley loved all the kitties. She was so excited:
"Mom! Kitty...seeping...shh..." "Kitty...oh, tute (cute)!".
It was so fun watching her - Jared and I were just laughing because she was being so loud, squealing with delight.
5 comments:
Gotta love Cranny! We ALWAYS had to stop at the SPCA on the way home from Cranbrook cuz my little sister would cry if we didn't. Which we've always had a million pets at home so I don't know why she had to go there to see cats and dogs.
Oh I know where you guys should take your kids one Saturday afternoon...The Fish Hatchery. They have these GIANT fish there that the kids can feed and such. It's in Bull River (halfway between Jaffray & Cranbrook, but not on the hiway.
And there are some awesome hoodoos near it that you can carve your names into the sand. Fun stuff!
You know, this one time we were driving on a road and it said,No Trespassing, Only Status Indians allowed. I totally freaked out because it was private property. Then Mackenzie said,"Sarah, you're status" Then I relaxed. So we continued to drive on the road...
I guess I just forget about these things because Mackenzie's white, and our kids don't really look native.
Yay you like Hoodoo's. In Fairmont there are some we can go and visit as well :)
hayley's hair is getting so long.
and you are adorable, julie. looking good!
Post a Comment