CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

A Little Bit of Everything

Well, things are going good here. We are busy finalizing our plans for the move, cleaning house, throwing stuff away, and hanging out with friends and family as much as we can before we go.

Hayley is finally walking with more confidence. We went mini-golfing as a family at West Edmonton Mall last night and she pretty much walked around the mall by herself the whole time, which is a vast improvement for her. She just about didn't make that "walking unassisted by 18 months" mark and I was a little worried. This past week, she has all of a sudden taken off walking. Just before she turned 18 months. I am convinced that she's been thinking "Why walk when I have these chumps to carry me around?" all this time. It just goes to show that Hayley doesn't do something till she's good and ready. That or her freakishly small feet have finally started growing and can support her freakishly large thighs now.


Having fun dressing up. Remind you of anyone?


Of course, walking means she can get into things more easily now. Like chocolate chips...


Speaking of chocolate and messes, something funny happened last week. I was in a rush because I was trying to get to my Young Women Activity and I was already running late. I asked Jared whether he wanted to put Hayley to bed, or make Carter some chocolate milk. He picked the chocolate milk so I took Hayley upstairs. On my way back down the stairs, I heard Carter yelling, "Mommy! Come quick!". I walked in the kitchen and Jared and Carter were both standing in the kitchen, covered in chocolate syrup. It was all over the floor, the cupboards, the blinds, everywhere. All Jared says is, "Maybe I should have put Hayley to bed after all".

Story of my life: always cleaning up after my three kids. Haha - kidding Jared!

Megan and her kids came over yesterday to play and I took this funny picture of Carter and Ethan. We bought these suckers that look like big, ugly teeth.


They thought they were pretty hilarious. Funny boys.

4 comments:

JWalburger said...

Too fun! Sounds like your life is pretty full right now. Kids will be kids, but I am glad to hear that Hayley is walking good now. Hope that the packing, moving, and settling in goes well. We will have to get together once you have had a chance to settle in a bit. Maybe go swimming or something.

Skye said...

Oh my gosh! PLEASE tell me you took pictures of the chocolate syrup incident! I about died laughing when i read that! What the heck happened? Glad to hear things are going good for you guys! And good for Hayley too!!! Though, these days i wish Stratton didn't know how to walk!

The Coopers said...

Nice going with the chocolate sauce! Haha

Tim and Ashlee said...

Yeah on the all the time walking now. Those pictures are too funny of her.