First of all, I just wanted to say thankyou so much to everyone for their concern. I absolutely loved all the comments, phone calls, emails, and Facebook messages wishing me well with my surgery. You guys are the best!
I went into the hospital on Tuesday morning - nervous. Like I said in my previous post, I was scheduled to have both an ovarian cyst and my right ovary removed. The Doc said he was going to try to do it laparoscopically first. This would be just a simple day procedure, leaving a very small incision below my belly button. I would have been able to go home that same day. I was then warned that if it didn't work that way, they would then have to preform the surgery as a laparotomy, which would be a bit of a larger incision, and my hospital stay would be 2 to 5 days.
I was fully expecting the laparotomy. Partially because I have previously had an attempted laparoscopy that didn't work, due to too much scar tissue. But mostly because I have really bad luck when it comes to these things (I am the woman to talk to for medical horror stories) . For those two reasons, I was totally prepared for the 2-5 day stay and 2 week recovery period.
So imagine my surprise when I wake up from my surgery with a tiny laproscopic incision right under my belly button as well as..... a c-section.
For some reason, neither the laparscopic or the laparotomy worked and they had to re-open my entire c-section incision. I felt like I had woken up in the year 2006.
During the surgery they weren't able to get to the right side without opening everything AND they also had to remove alot of scar tissue and adhesions - little mementos from previous surgeries.
So now I have a 4-6 week recovery time, which I really wasn' t planning on. I am feeling a little better today and my hubby and parents have been a great big help. So despite my bitterness over the whole thing, I am just glad to be home and getting better.
Thanks again for everyone's concern. One evening in the hospital, after a long day of visitor after visitor, I texted Jared and told him how tired I was from all the visitors. He replied: "At least you can't ever complain that you have no friends." It's so true - I am so thankful for such wonderful friends and family.
And for Season One of "Scrubs".
Surgery Update
Posted by The Whiddens at Saturday, October 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
julie! holy crap.
you are the woman...
i'm glad you're home. get better. fast.
i'm praying for ya. love ya.
oh my gosh....i feel for you!!!!! I can't imagine the shock of waking up with a c-section!!! I hope you get better soon! And take advantage of all the help you're given!!!!!
WE are thinking about you, please take care and don't go crazy and over do it....miss you.....
Julie you have had bad luck. I fell so bad. I can't believe that happened. I'm sorry. Hopefully in the long run you will feel way better.
Crazy, Julie! well hope all goes well. My thoughts and prayers are with you!
Post a Comment