My parents got new carpet in their basement and gave us their old carpet, along with their old furniture. It's WAY nicer than what we have now, so of course, I was all over it like a fat kid on a Smartie (some people call it cheap; I prefer "thrifty").
Being the compulsive person that I am, I decided to move furniture, lay the carpet, and reorganize the basement all during Hayley's morning nap. In my eagerness to get it done, I somehow sliced my finger on a sharp, jagged edge. It was bleeding, so I went upstairs to get a band-aid. Carter followed me up and I noticed he was crying. I asked him what was wrong and he replied (are you ready...?):
"I'm sad cuz you have an owie. I don't want you to be hurt...cuz you're my best friend..."
I never thought I'd love hearing that so much. So what if he says the same thing to his nursery teacher, stuffed Spiderman toy, and a ladybug? It was still nice to hear.
So someday, 12 years from now, when Carter has blue hair and wants me to drop him off 5 blocks from the front doors of the junior high school...I can say, "I'm your best friend, you told me so! Ha!"
I'm gonna be the most embarrassing mom...
Words That Validate A Mother...
Posted by The Whiddens at Friday, June 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Ha, ha you are so funny Julie. That is so cute about Carter. Aww. I wish tylee said that about me. Instead it's I don't like you mom if she's mad at me.
Post a Comment