So, I have been TAGGED by Ashlee to "list 8 unknown/odd things about myself". I have been tagged by a few other fellow bloggers before and never ended up actually doing them. So, I am going to bite the bullet and actually DO this one. Here I go...
8 Unknown/Odd Things About Me
#8. I am a sucker for greasy food, especially McDonalds. French fries are my favorite. Mmmm, they are so salty, and the worst part is, I actually add MORE salt (and pepper) to the ketchup before I dip them in. "Want some fries with your McSalt?" -My Mom asked me that one time while at McDonalds.
#7. My toes look like olives. Yep, olives. My family won't let me forget it, either. How can a toe look like an olive, you may ask? Well, picture a toe, with a very bulbous end, and the nail painted red (like the pimento). And that's all I'm gonna say about that.
#6. I am extraordinarily UNtalented (this may not be that "unknown"). My entire family excels at music - singing, writing playing, etc. I don't. Jared's entire family excels at sports. I don't. I am pretty average at doing alot of things, but not really GOOD at any one thing. Once while in high school, I was complaining about not having a talent and my Dad said, "Well, I think your talent is that you are great at being a friend." My response was, "...ok, so how do I preform THAT at a Talent Show?" (Thanks Pops, always so supportive).
#5. I played Barbies until well into high school. Yep...laugh all you want, but Barbies are cool. I still occasionally take a peek down the Barbie aisle while Jared and Carter are looking at monster trucks at Toys R Us. Ya know...just to see what's new...for my daughter, of course...someday.
#4. Have you ever taken a cottony blanket out of the washer, to put it into the dryer and it kind of...scrunches and it feels really weird? That feeling gives me the heebie-jeebies. I was watching my friend Bobbi dress her little girl Isabelle, and she gave her some cotton balls to chew on. Apparently, Isabelle loves the feeling, and was biting on the cotton balls, ripping them apart with her teeth, etc. Anyways, I had to leave the room, I couldn't stand watching it. Weird, I know.
#3. I like to memorize random sports stats/trivia so I can casually bring it up later in a conversation with Jared. Freaks him right out. It's hilarious.
#2. I still jump (or step from really far away when I'm trying to be discreet) onto my bed at nights in fear of someone under the bed, reaching their hand out and grabbing my foot. I have a feeling I'm going to regret writing this now. Jared doesn't know this about me. But knowing him, I bet he'll hide under the bed, just to find out what I'd really do in that situation.
#1. My children are witness to some of my very bizarre behavior I use to entertain them, which usually consists a song of some sort. "Spiderman" in falsetto (and I thought I wasn't musical...), "Baby Got Back" as a lullaby (hey-don't judge me. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do), you name it. You'd be surprised what kids find amusing these days.
Well, there it is. And if you think I'm weird NOW, just imagine the ones that didn't make the cut.
I guess now I have to TAG some others. So, Erin, Nancy, Corey, and Tara...it's your turn...
I am almost hesitant to check my "comments" on this post.
Possibly why I've never excelled at the game of Tag...
Posted by The Whiddens at Thursday, May 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
hilarious, julie you make me laugh so hard. i won't judge because my deepest secrets are worse i think. i will try to think hard and maybe post some.
Those are great. I totally love McDonalds & Barbies.
I'm totally with you on #4. Cotton balls are disgusting.
Post a Comment