A tradition at our little elementary school here is King and Queen of the Hill. The entire school goes to our local ski hill and, at the shot gun start, everyone races up to Tower 9, the top of the ski hill. The first male and female to make it up are given the prestigious title of King and Queen of the Hill. These are almost always grade 6 students, so they also give a prize for Prince and Princess, which is the first Primary students (grades K-3) to make it to the top. It's quite a strenuous hike, so everyone is just encouraged to go as far as they can...some younger kids usually only make it to Tower 3.
Here's a picture of the ski hill before the hike started. The yellow posts are the Lift Towers...9 in total.
All 200+ students and staff lining up for the start of the race...(10 points to whoever can spot me in this picture lol):
And they're off!
Carter made it to Tower 9 and back down with his little buddies. They were fast!
I hiked the hill with Hayley and some other Kindergartners. I kept telling Hayley we could stop whenever she got tired, but nope, she was determined she was going to make it to the top! And without any help. We were 2 very tired gals, but we made it to Tower 9 and back down as well. I couldn't even believe my little 5 year old could do that; I was exhausted!! 

0 comments:
Post a Comment