We just got back from an amazing family vacation. We went on a cruise from LA down to Cabos San Lucas, Mexico. It was only a 5 day cruise, but a nice one to ease the kids into the world of cruising :)



The boat was awesome. It was so huge and there was tons to do. We loved getting dressed up for our fancy dinners, and going to the shows.
Our first and only stop was in Cabos San Lucas. We were stopped there for 2 whole days and did so many fun things. The kids liked looking in the shops and seeing all the people. I think at first they were quite overwhelmed, especially when you step off the boat and there's swarms of Mexicans trying to sell stuff, yelling stuff like "You need taxi? You want to go to the beach?" lol. Jared and I would just walk by ignoring them and poor Carter kept tapping me and saying, "Mom that man's trying to ask you something" hahaha.

It was sooo HOT in Cabos, 117* F which is around 46* C!!!! In the afternoon, we took the kids back onto the boat and they stayed at Carnival's Kids Camp while Jared and I went back into Cabos and rented jet skis.

The second day in Mexico we got to watch dolphins swimming at the aquarium, and even touch one and take our picture with it. No pictures on my own camera though, only ones we bought so I can't post it. The kids were in heaven though, they both love dolphins.They also loved the folded towel animals in our room on the cruise.



At the end of the cruise we arrived back in LA and had 3 days before our flight back to Canada. We did a bunch of touristy things there, like the Hollywood sign:
And Hollywood Boulevard:
The kids are obsessed with Pirates of the Caribbean and seeing Captain Jack Sparrow was a highlight for them!
We bought a Triple Attraction Pass for Ripley's Believe It Or Not, Guinness Book Of World Records, and the Hollywood Wax Museum.


The next day we went to Santa Monica Peir and played on the beach. What a cool place. If it weren't for REDONKULOUS traffic and high cost of living...I could be Californian.


We also went to the LA Zoo. Carter and Hayley are both just such animal lovers, especially Hayley. At the beginning, they'd stare at a meerkat going "aaaawwwww" so you can imagine their reactions to the cooler animals like tigers and giraffes.


And that's it!! I know I've said it before but I just love my little family. I'm thankful for my sweet children who love to travel. And my husband who works so hard and finds good deals for us to go on trips :)
7 comments:
Sounds FABULOUS!!!!!!
wow - too much fun!
Wow! I think I might need to join your family so I can go on the next vacation with you.........you seem to go on the best trips.
FUN!!
uh-mazing. take me with you next time!
So fun!!
I love the jet ski pictures! looks like you guys had a blast!! If you have pictures of the dolphins...you could take a picture of the picture? Keep up the traveling-sooo good!!!
Post a Comment