CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

For all the Male Parentals

Today is Father's Day. I don't know about you, but I think Father's Day is way too soon after Mother's Day. These poor dad's don't get the proper celebration because the remaining feelings from Mother's Day is all up in it's biss-nass. And I know I just wrote a tribute to my mother's last month (see? too soon!), but you're gonna hear it again for the fathers, cuz it's only fair, right?

I recently heard, from no one in particular (ahem, Gina!) that they don't like reading blogs where wives can't stop gushing over how wonderful/caring/helpful/etc their husband is. Well Gina, avert your eyes, cuz I'm gonna gush. You can join us back down the page a bit later.

No, I'm kidding, I won't gush, but I do have to give Jared a shout out. He is a great dad, and I can't think of a better feeling than the one I get when I watch him interact with his children. I never thought having a baby could change someone so much, and it has definitely changed both of us. For the better. I know he loves these munchkins so much, and they love him.

I also want to wish my Dad a Happy Father's Day. I remember when I was in high school, we had a trampoline and I would be out there every day practicing flips. I somehow convinced my Dad ("Pops" as I so lovingly referred to him) to try a front flip on the tramp. I will never forget his attempt. At 40. With a big grunt as he flipped. The reason why I love thinking about it is it sums up my dad so well. I'm sure he had no desire to try it at all, but wanted to be involved in my interests and hobbies - front flips and all.


And last but not least, my father-in-law. A little while ago, we were driving in the car and I looked back at Carter, who had his legs crossed. Jared and I burst out laughing because he looked just like Papa, crossing his legs like a human pretzel. Jared's dad is so enjoyable to be around and always keeps us laughing. All the while, "counseling" us on the sly. He's sneaky like that :) I know Jared really looks up to his dad and I appreciate the values the Whiddens instilled in their children.

2 comments:

Andrea Whidden said...

Cooper has done that exact same thing, the human pretzel. We even took a picture I will have to try and find it. I think Cooper and Carter are destined for greatness:)

Leah Silver said...

I love the picture of Jared and the kids. Good gushing. The one of you and your dad is cute too-you look so proud to be with him!