So, Jared took Carter to see the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie last week and now Carter is obsessed. He insists that we only refer to him as "Donatello", and the rest of us have different names, too. Hayley is Michaelangelo, Jared is Leonardo, and I am Raphael. I don't know how accurate those names are, seeing as Donatello is the intellectual, Michaelangelo is the comedian, Leonardo is the leader, and Raphael is the muscle. Hmmm...maybe I should start working out.
In other news, we have a few big changes happening this next little while. First, we are moving at the end of the month. Not very far - 4 doors down actually. We have been on the waiting list for a bigger place and something finally came open. Hayley will finally get her own room, instead of sleeping in a playpen in our walk-in closet...no...I'm being serious... she really does.
The next thing that's happening is that Jared is starting a new job on April 30th. He is moving to a company called KBR - a big oil and gas company. He will work in the Human Resource department as a staffing coordinator. He is very excited about it and there are lots of great advantages to him moving over there. My favorite benefit of this new job is that he will get every other Friday off! Wow, I am excited about that.
When we were telling my family about all these things, my mom commented that our situation was very similar to when we moved here last year. New house, new job, and also (at that time) new baby (that's when I was expecting Hayley). After she said that, everyone was silent, as if waiting for me to say "Surprise...." and give some baby news. Ha! Sorry to disappoint...
Turtle Power!
Posted by The Whiddens at Wednesday, April 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment