CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Better late than never

*Wow. I must be really desperate for something to post when I willingly start posting pictures of myself on here...*

A few weeks ago, some friends and I went on a girl's shopping weekend away, while the Dads stayed home with the kids. We shopped till we dropped, and in the process got a little silly with the clothes and camera.

Things started off fairly normal (except that we requested this picture be taken of us by a 14-year-old in the mall bathroom):

And then things went south once we found these beauties:


Modeling the belts. Apparently the 80's are back.

This is my favorite picture. It's supposed to be of just "Captain Silver" there, but my reflection in the mirror is classic.

Yep. The 80's are definitely not dead. Lovin' the bright skinny jeans...
Do people actually buy this stuff? And wear it? In public???

So there you have it; a bunch of moms in their late-twenties/early-thirties, acting like teenagers in a mall. Laugh all you want, but deep down, I know you wish you were there.

10 comments:

Kirsti said...

Haha love it! and I do wish I was there.
Love the new lighter due Jules!

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

JULIE!
I love the hair! More blond-ish - it looks awesome! You're right, I laughed but deep down, I did wish I was there.
Too much fun!
P.S. You're hilarious.

Karli said...

I barely know you and you hit the nail on the head! I DO wish I was there. Looks like a blast.

Sheri said...

Those pictures seriously crack me up! I seriously must need to get out more and shop a bit because I didn't realize the 80's had returned either!

Dixie said...

It looks like you had so much fun! I need to do something like that. Love your hair!

Andrea Whidden said...

I love your laugh, I am sad I wasn't there to hear your reaction with the silver pants, the picture is awesome!!

Lisa C said...

Do those eighties belts remind you just a little of Swanee? Is it possible that she's a trend setter?!?

The Lowry's said...

Oh my, who decides that these things look good? I agree, who actually buys this stuff and wears it? Yes, deep down I wish I was there. Too funny.

Crystal HW said...

I have actually seen people wearing those belts from Suzy Sheer! I agree with Lisa C...they do look like something Swanee would wear!

Looks like you had a great time.

ec said...

um, you're adorable. and these pictures are hilarious. wish i was there ....

and we just got your picture in the mail. it made me miss you. a lot.