*a continuation of our Oregon vacation. For Part 1, read the previous post*
First of all, meet The Boler:
This little beauty belongs to Jared's boss, who was kind enough to let it accompany us on the vacation. It surprisingly sleeps all four of us and I was so glad we weren't in a tent for 2 weeks straight. We also discovered people love Bolers and were approached many times to talk about our "cute little Boler". Especially by all the hippies in Nelson, BC. More on that later.
After the Reunion in Florence, we headed inland to Cottage Grove, where Jared's sister, Gina, and her family lives. It was nice to finally see their home and community and hang out with them there.
Cottage Grove Lake:



We had a fireworks show, courtesy of Nana and Papa:
After staying with the Hutchins, Jared, the kids, and I headed back out to the coast. This time we went up to Lincoln City and stayed at the awesome RV resort right on the ocean. This was our view:
We spent alot of time playing on the beach:



Whale watching at Depoe Bay:



I was down on a ledge taking some pictures, and this rogue wave came up and about knocked me off my feet. Jared thought it was hilarious.
Next we headed back up through Portland, and stopped at Multnomah Falls. The Falls were gorgeous and the hike up was fun too.

Next we went to Lake Chelan, Washington. No pictures from there, but it's a massive lake, with tons of gorgeous houses and vineyards all around. And HOT weather.We then traveled up to Osoyoos for a couple days. Again, the weather was hot and we enjoyed some lake days.

The next stop was Kelowna, where we stayed with Gary and Allie. We swam in the lake, visited the Sloans, Allie and I went to a movie together, and did some shopping. This is the only picture I have from Kelowna - trying on ridiculous glasses while shopping.
After Kelowna, we headed home with a short stop in Nelson, BC. Beautiful place - definitely lived up to the hype - but the people there... well... let's just say we fit in well with the 1974 Boler.The morning after we got home, the kids both slept in until 11 am, so I guess it really was time to come home. Jared is back at work now and the summer is winding down. Except for the Mendenhall Family Reunion this week, my brothers coming home this weekend, and camping with friends next weekend. Oops, I guess I can't wind down quite yet :)



4 comments:
Looks like you have had quite the adventures this summer! That is definitely a great camp spot by the beach.
What an awesome vacation! That is a gorgeous RV camp ground you stayed at! Your kids are too cute, looked like a blast!
Seems like you guys had an awesome trip and I absolutely love the Boler!!!Maybe you guys can borrow it again and we can meet for a camping trip :) ( might have to be next summer now )
Fun Fun Fun!! What a summer!
Post a Comment